"Aces of The Eighth" by Jack Fellows

More misc. World War II photos » This photo with caption, sent in 16 May 2001 by Jolyon Welch, was taken 3 Sept 1943 in New Guinea when both of these famous aces were in the 80th Fighter Squadron. Maj Edward “Porky” Cragg (L) was the Squadron Commander who gave our Squadron the name “Headhunters.” The photo was taken just outside the Officers’ Club at Port Morseby with our Headhunters sign. An exact replica of this famous sign hangs above our Hospitality Room entrance at each of our reunions to this day.

Image Data

Dimensions 384px × 492px

Comments

Leave a Reply