A few years ago, LTM Jerry Minton gave a PowerPoint presentation to the US Air Force Academy that highlighted the role played by the 80 FBS in Korea.
Associate LTM (and 80 FS Association Korean War Historian) Gerry Asher was kind enough to transcribe the entire presentation to a CD.
Too bad there is no audio, but none was recorded during Jerry’s talk.
This is a remarkable peek into one Korean War veteran’s view of life, service and sacrifice in this war which has been, unfortunately and despicably, forgotten by many Americans.
Many thanks to Jerry and Gerry!
To view this you’ll need Microsoft Power Point installed on your computer.
- Click on the link above;
- When the box opens, click on ‘Open With” or “Save File”. The program should then load on your computer;
- It should automatically open up in “Protected View”. Do not attempt to “Enable Editing”. Please don’t play around with the presentation. Just watch it. No attempts to edit.
- On the top toolbar, click on “Slide Show”;
- On the next page, click on “From The Beginning”;
- That will open the presentation on full screen;
- You can then click to advance to the next slide or hit “Escape” to exit full screen.